Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gardening--keeping our fingers crossed

I am still alive! We just have had a lot of busy evenings, which means my dinners haven't been all that exciting. I will have to post about what we are having tonight, though. It is one of my favorites!!

I had all but given up on my garden. It has snowed multiple times since I put my cold weather veggies out. I'm not sure how they are going to do...although I think they are hanging in there. But just the other day I noticed that my potatoes have actually sprouted!!! I am so excited!!

I "preheated" the areas I am going to put my tomatoes in. You just cover the ground with black plastic for a few weeks before putting your seedlings in. Apparently tomatoes like it hot. I had been planning to put them in last Saturday, but I decided to hold off. I'm glad I did--it has been pretty cold on and off here. We will see--maybe this Saturday will be the big day.

Soccer is over for the season, so maybe my posts will pick up. Or maybe not. The kids get out of school next week and then I am hosting two full weeks of day camp at my house and then we are off on a 2 1/2 week vacation. Yay for summer!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yeah I'm scared to put my tomatoes in the ground ...