Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thoughts

I've noticed a pattern in my work-out efforts. I am great at getting in my 4 day a week strength training sessions and my Pilates as well. I am great at doing my daily cardio--the elliptical and bike, for instance. Then I will go for a run and feel pumped and excited. I will run a great 4 miles and think I can do anything and be so motivated that I will e-mail my dear running friend, Priscilla to start re-planning our marathon together.

Then the next day I will be unable to walk because my knees hurt so badly. So I will continue on with all my other forms of exercise and hobble up and down the stairs for about a week before the cycle starts all over again. Feel great. Run. Want knee replacements. Hobble. Hobble. Hobble. Feel great. Run. Want knee replacements. Hobble. Hobble. Hobble...

So really, maybe I am just not cut out to be a runner. I would LOVE to be able to say I have run a marathon. What an incredible accomplishment. I want to put one of those little 26.2 stickers on my car window. But I don't know if it's ever going to happen. :(

I'm now thinking along the lines of a 100 mile bike ride. That's a big accomplishment, too, right? My parents do one every year. I'll have to look into it.

No comments: