Monday, March 12, 2012

Cookies!!


I have been thinking about my last post all day--as I cleaned my house and did my laundry, as I made lunch for my family, as I took my kids on a nine mile bike ride to a nearby reservoir to play and as I made dinner. My blood was really boiling over this issue. I don't know who I was mad at--I was just mad! But I have since come to the conclusion: SCREW IT. We eat healthy foods in moderation. I am not cutting whole wheat bread or yogurt out of my diet. I may consider trying to cut back on the bread a bit and trying to get some more lean protein in, but that is it. Well, and I have given up Diet Coke again! I don't care what the "experts" of the minute say, because they are all just going to change their minds. I just want to do what is good for me and my family. And what is reasonable. That being said...

I made these awesome cookies the other day!!!!

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (MY version)

1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
10 TBSP applesauce
12 TBSP cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
powdered sugar (to roll cookies in)

Mix together flours and baking powder. Add applesauce, cocoa powder, honey, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add eggs and mix in. (It is really thick dough--beware!) Refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make small balls of the dough (it is very sticky and you will have chocolate hands by the end!) and roll them in powdered sugar. Place sugar coated balls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Enjoy!

My kids (and I) love these things! They are soft and chocolatey and taste like little brownie bites!!

NO WAY I'm giving that up. (So there. I'm sticking it to the man.)

No comments: