Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!


Valentine's Day = Chocolate!!

Instant gratification is even better.

Especially when it is low in calories and fat...

All you need is...love. And...

3 TBSP cocoa powder
2-3 TBSP sugar (I used Truvia. *I am on the fence about sugar vs. calorie-free sweeteners.)
1 TBSP flour
3 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
3 TBSP applesauce
1/2 egg white (make two recipes! One for you, one for your sweetheart!)
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in a microwave-safe mug. Add in the wet and stir it all up. Stick it in the microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Dollop of bit of whipped cream or ice cream on top, if desired!

*I want to cut processed foods out of our diet as much as I can, but at the same time, I am trying to keep my calories low (in accordance to my endocrinologist's advice.) I should probably figure something out!

No comments: