Monday, February 13, 2012

Juice!!!


If you haven't seen or at least heard of "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" you must be living under a rock because I feel like everyone is talking about it lately. It's a great show and it might make you thirsty...

Juice, juice, juice!!! I got my juicer before I even saw the show ("The Gershon Miracle" convinced me of the importance of juice) and we have been enjoying the benefits of it for a while now. I don't ever follow an exact recipe--I kind of go with what is available.

Today's batch included:
5 apples
2 pears
6 carrots
1 stalk of celery
1/2 cucumber
1/2 sweet potato
6 oranges
1 cup spinach

All those fruits and veggies really don't even make that much juice, but wow, think of all that liquid health!! I try to have the kids drink some every day and I have it as a snack. It is a bit high in calories, so I have to just have like 1/2 cup, but still--soooo good for you!!!

And if you try the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" diet, I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

No comments: