I was just looking for a recipe on this old blog of mine and I realized, Hey, this was a dang good blog. Why did I stop? This last year was so busy for me--we pretty much remodeled and redecorated the whole house and the blog got put on the back burner. I also really started relying on myfitnesspal.com to help keep me accountable. But now that the house is complete, I think I will start back up! How about a recipe??
THIS BREAD IS DIVINE!!! No, really, you probably shouldn't make it because you might not be able to stop eating it!!!! Not only is it fabulous, it is 100% whole wheat, has no fat and my kids love it too!!!
Honey Whole Wheat Bread
3 tablespoons yeast
4 cups really warm water
1/2-3/4 cup honey
10-11 1/2 cups whole grain wheat flour (freshly ground if possible)
3 teaspoons sea salt
1/4-1 cup anything else you would like: I add 2/3 cup steel cut oats and 1/4 cup flaxseed
1. Grind wheat.
2. Mix yeast, water, and honey in a bowl.
3. Let rest for 5 minutes until yeast foams.
4. Then add flour, I just add all the flour at once then gently mix with my paddle attachment.
5. Then add salt and anything else, if you choose to.
6. Then gently mix again just until the salt or other ingredients are mixed in.
7. Knead for 4-6 minutes. Now this dough is really sticky and you are going to think that you need to add more flour. Sometimes I have had to add the entire 11 1/2 cups but sometimes I am fine with just 10, however just know that the dough will be very sticky and you only want to add enough flour that the dough barely pulls away from the bowl.
8. Let dough rise for 15 minutes.
9. Spray the back of your hands with cooking spray and punch down the dough.
10. Form into loafs, this will make 3 smaller sized loafs. Put into greased loaf pans.
11. Let rise in pans for 30 minutes.
12.Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I like to put a large glass baking dish filled with water on the lower rack.
14. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a cooling rack.
Enjoy!! And don't say I didn't warn you....