Saturday, February 18, 2012

REAL food.




I just discovered this website and I'm really excited to look at it more in depth. It pretty much totally answers my sugar vs. Splenda debate (NEITHER!!) Is anyone else wanting to take the challenge with me? Only eating real foods--cutting out all of the overly processed, mechanically altered food from our diets, eating EVEN MORE whole fruits, veggies and grains, sticking to cage-free eggs and grain-fed, local meats and local organic milk?? Let's do it!! I've already started making my own protein bars and guess what? I can pronounce every single ingredient in them! (Nuts, berries, oats and organic brown rice syrup.) Today I'm going to tackle making my own Cheez-its. I'll let you know how it goes (and more importantly, what the kids think!!)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I've been trying REAL hard for a REAL long time. It's hard to cut out the sugar! I can do real food for most everything else but sugar...man, I think I'm a sugar addict! i'll be curious about your cheezits!

Keeley Farrell said...

Try stevia. That's what I use!