Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chili-ghetti


Last night I modified a version of a recipe I've never tried before and it was a HIT. Everyone LOVED it--and it made a lot. So here is my version of Chili-ghetti (Adapted from a recipe from the cookbook Favorites, which is also one of my favorite cookbooks.)

1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 (32 oz.) can chili (I used Hormel 98% fat free turkey chili)
1 cup veggie puree (optional)
1 package whole wheat spaghetti noodles
2 cups grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Brown meat and onion; drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, chili and puree. Simmer 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti; drain and set aside. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in grated cheddar until melted. Fold in sour cream. Mix with cooked spaghetti. Spoon into a 9x13 inch dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments: