Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sometimes there just isn't enough chocolate



My life has been so busy lately and things just keep getting more and more complicated. Now Isaac (my oldest) has pneumonia. He has been home sick all week and can't go back to school until at least Thursday. I'm glad I took him to the doctor. But the stress of it all just makes me want to eat. Chocolate.

Needless to say, today was NOT a good eating day. I started out well. 30 minutes on the elliptical. Oatmeal for breakfast with a side of German Pancakes (mostly egg). But then things went downhill. My fault for not planning well (again.) I had a small snack on the way to the doctor's office. I started to drink a Weight Loss Shake but realized that the main ingredient is milk, which I am trying to eliminate from my diet. So I poured it down the sink and had some Annie's Bunny crackers. The doctor took way longer than I thought it would and I was starving by the time we stopped at Target to get the prescriptions filled. I ordered the pita chips and hummus in an effort to be good--but then I ended up eating 2 of Isaac's chicken strips because I was still hungry.

I was munchy all day and ended up just eating chocolate ice cream straight out of the carton! What is that?! It is obviously SO important that I keep to my schedule and try to plan ahead. The stupid thing is I had a Luna Bar in my purse for just such an occasion, but I forgot about it.

Well I did do more yard work today and I did a lower body workout this afternoon. It's just been a stupid day all around and I'm tired, my house is a mess and I'm GRUMPY.

Dinner was Caribbean Chicken Salad and it was yummy. And I ate a Goodness Knows Square afterward. This day will end eventually and then I can start all over again tomorrow. Yippee.

No comments: