Thursday, October 28, 2010

Only dreaming

Even though I can't do anything remotely physical right now, I can dream. I lay around thinking about when I am able to work out again and how wonderful it is going to be. I dream about when I have the energy to cook good foods and plan good menus. I think about my goals that I have been making. I also look at catalogs and think that if I was rich, I would buy ALL my clothes from here:
Unfortunately, I am not rich. But if any of you are, I highly recommend Athleta. I fell in love with just about everything from their new catalog I got the other day.

I haven't been blogging a ton mainly because I am miserably ill. And there isn't a lot to say--I can't breathe, therefore I can't workout. I did go to the doctor on Thursday. She thinks it's a respiratory infection (really?) that is triggering my asthma. I could have told her that over the phone, but I did want the meds. Not that they seem to be helping. I feel worse today than ever. It's getting old.

Eating-wise I have been doing pretty much the same thing day in and day out. I just want HOT liquids to help my sore throat and chest congestion. I created a recipe for sugar-free hot chocolate since I didn't have any. It is really good!!

I just mix about 1/4 cup dry milk powder, 1 TBSP Truvia and 1TBSP cocoa powder together in a mug and add boiling water.
Some other easy meals over the past few days...
Pineapple melts--thanks to Kayla for the idea.
Baked apples with granola and vanilla yogurt.
I made an extra one to put on my daily oatmeal.
Fluffy pumpkin pancakes. No need to add extra veggies here!
And lots and lots of soup.

No comments: