Friday, November 12, 2010

Parmesan Ranch Chicken

Looking at this picture makes me realize that I ate more than I should have--that is quite a hefty portion of pasta! But I had been in class all day exercising my brain, so that is my excuse.

1/2 cup (organic) Corn Flake crumbs
1/2 cup reduced fat grated Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 oz. dry Ranch dressing mix
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
26 oz. marinara sauce (watch out for HFCS!)
Hot cooked whole wheat pasta

In a large ziploc bag combine cornflake crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and ranch mix. Coat both sides of chicken with mix. Place in 9x13 inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Just prior to serving, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Heat marinara sauce and serve over cooked pasta with chicken.

No comments: