Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Veggin' out!

My first (official) day on the wagon went well! I woke up early and decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet and do my upper body work out at 5 am. It was wonderful. We spent the day doing a variety of things for Lincoln's birthday--and I never once touched any of the cupcakes, candy, ice cream or cake. Yay, me! I ran two miles in the afternoon--I had to stick with the treadmill because it was freezing cold outside. I ate oatmeal for breakfast, raisins, craisins and almonds for a snack, cheese pizza for lunch and a yogurt bowl in the afternoon. For dinner, Lincoln had requested spaghetti and meatballs. So the family had that--still healthy with ground turkey, of course. I sauteed a bunch of different veggies (eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and onions) and had them over the whole wheat pasta noodles with a sprinkle of reduced fat Parmesan cheese. Then I remembered that I was supposed to eat raw stuff, too, so I added chopped green peppers, baby spinach and chopped tomatoes to the mix. It was good!
Oh--and a breadstick on the side.

No comments: