Friday, November 19, 2010

Planning ahead


I have spent a lot of my time with these two reading materials lately. Vegetable Gardening for Dummies and the Heirloom seed catalog. Yes, I'm a bit early--but I love to plan! So I have been plotting out my garden for next year. I'm determined to have a lot more success this next year. We have been adding things to our soil now so that it will all be lush and ready for planting in the spring. So many plans--three varieties of potatoes, onions, leeks, lettuce, corn, tomatoes, peppers, squash, zucchini, pumpkins, chard, watermelon, sunflowers, carrots and maybe we'll try peanuts. And that's not all! Now I just need to learn how to can and I'll really be self-sufficient. I still wish our HOA would let us have free-range chickens.

And I went to the doctor finally yesterday. I am dying to go running...they should call me back today with the results of the x-rays. Hopefully it is just a strained ligament and it will heal quickly.

No comments: