Monday, November 8, 2010

Strogaburgers!

I love the extra hour in the mornings. I just wish my kids got the concept...they were up playing at like 5:30 this morning. C'est la vie! I was still able to get in my 20 minute warm up for the day on the elliptical.

I fed the kids brown rice with milk and "sugar" (Truvia) for breakfast, along with banana-blueberry-spinach shakes. Strangely enough, I wasn't really hungry at all for lunch even though I just had my typical breakfast of oatmeal with almond milk and blueberries. I ended up eating some random things:
-the crust of Lincoln's PB&J
-most of a Fuji apple
-a piece of light string cheese
-a handful of oatmeal squares cereal
-some almonds
-some Sunflower Basil crackers
-come fat-free cottage cheese

So that was lunch. Then Lincoln cooperated and took his nap today and I ran FOUR miles! And then I did a lower body workout! Woo hoo! He just kept right on sleeping so I even had time to take a shower and blow dry my hair and get some studying in! I wish he would do that every day!!!

After all that working out I was super thirsty and I think that all the water I drank sort of stunted my appetite, because I still wasn't really hungry. I had a TLC Fruit and Grain bar for my afternoon snack. Then came dinner--one of the kids' faves which we like to call "Strogaburgers."

1 lb. (or more) lean ground turkey
1/2 package turkey bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 TBSP flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
Dash pepper
1 can fat free Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable puree (I used, what else? Pumpkin!)
Whole wheat Hamburger Buns (watch out for HFCS!!)

Place ground turkey and bacon in a skillet and cook until turkey is browned. Add onion and cook until just tender. Spoon off excess fat. Blend flour, salt, paprika and pepper into meat. Stir in mushroom soup. Cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring often. Stir in sour cream; heat. Serve in buns.


And now I'm off to bed. I don't know what tomorrow will bring-- I have to leave the house by 6:45 to get to another ALL DAY class. At least my brain will be getting exercise!

No comments: