Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SO happy!!

I wasn't sure how today was going to go. I was determined to get up and get some form of exercise in no matter what. I certainly didn't expect to be awake from 2:45 am until 4:30 am because I couldn't stop coughing. Ugh. But I persevered. I've noticed that when you realize you have gained an enormous amount of weight in the same week that you get a horrible, long-lasting respiratory infection you lay around all day feeling like this and this:

and there isn't a DANG THING you can do about it!!!!! It is immensely frustrating and highly motivational all at the same time.

So I did about 20 minutes on the elliptical machine this morning--still sort of testing the waters. Then I felt okay the rest of the day, so I decided to kick it up a notch! I got the kids to bed and went downstairs and ran 3 miles and did a lower body workout!!!! I feel so good! Yes, I still feel like a whale (a sick whale at that), but maybe not quite a beached whale anymore!!!! I love working out and I am so grateful that I was able to do it without having an asthma attack! Maybe the end of this is in sight!!!!

Also on my agenda for today--Round 2.
My friend was going to throw out her jack o' lanterns, so I offered to take them off her hands. Or her porch...

I think we are up to about 150 cups of frozen pumpkin puree! I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for an after-school snack which were thoroughly enjoyed as evidenced by this picture of my boys.

No comments: