Saturday, December 11, 2010

A 10K!!

Today Becca and I started out bright and early to do our long run of the week. I planned out our route before we left so I would know how far we needed to go. Using mapmyrun.com I found a 6.5 mile course. That is definitely longer than I have ever run before, but that is pretty discouraging when I think that a marathon is 26.2 miles. I have such a long way to go!! When we were almost finished, Becca commented that we had just run more than a 10K. Well, that made me feel a heck of a lot better for some reason. I ran more than a 10K this morning!! Go, me!

So including my barefoot running and sessions with Becca I logged 17.6 miles this week. Not too shabby. My goal was to be consistently running at least 15 miles a week before I started the actual training program in January.

In terms of eating I had a banana at 5:30 am because I didn't want to run on a completely empty stomach. I had some biscuits when I got home and then my normal oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch was a PB&H in the car because today we got to go pick up this little guy...


Don't be too jealous. He got carsick and threw up on me the whole way home. But he is cute!

I made Risotto with Butternut Squash and Sage for dinner. I think Risotto is quickly becoming one of my new favorites!!

And one more shot of Kirby for your viewing pleasure...

No comments: