Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas cookies and love, love, love

I ate an obscene amount of Christmas cookies yesterday. This time of the year can be so hard--and it certainly doesn't help that I happen to possess the recipe for the all-time, hands-down BEST Christmas cookies on the planet. It is physically impossible to eat just one. In all honesty, it is physically impossible to eat just one dozen. So I ate way too many. It is what it is.

I have spent all day today in a penitent spirit of diet repentance. I have been feeling so bad about myself lately anyway--why do I sabotage it?! Anyway, today was much better. The kids got uber-healthy swedish pancakes with chia seeds, flaxseed and pumpkin puree for breakfast.
I had a nice smoothie with all kinds of healthy stuff in it and on it.
Lunch was crackers and hummus, a few carrot sticks and the crust of one of the kids' un-finished grilled cheese sandwiches. After lunch Becca and I took advantage of the fact that both our husbands are off for the Christmas break and went running during the day. It was fabulous, as always! We did our normal abnormally-hilly 4.8 mile route. My knees still haven't recovered, but I am able to run so I do it. I always feel so awesome when we are done--full of those exercise endorphins! I come home full of love! Maybe I should start running more with Ryan or things could start getting a little awkward...

(Totally just kidding--don't worry, Jeb, I'm not after Becca in that way!)

We made Tortilla Black Bean Casserole for dinner. It is really good and really easy!!
The picture looks a little sketchy but I promise, it is good stuff!

1 comment:

Becky R. said...

Hey Lindsay--this casserole sounds awesome. Could you post the recipe whenever you have time? No hurry. Thanks!