Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another fabulous day!

Today was the first Saturday in MONTHS that I had nothing to do. No obligations to fulfill. No schedules to stick to. No soccer games. No work. No projects around the house. NOTHING. It was heavenly.

So to start off my low key day I went running with a friend. I was a tad bit nervous because Becca is an actual runner. When I asked her how long she has been running, she said, "On and off for about ten years." Since I have been running on and off for about ten days, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to keep up! But I had a great time!! It was so nice to have someone to talk to and it made my long run of the week go by really quickly. Speaking of long run...we were running on a route I had never done before, but it seemed really long to me. I told Becca it had to have been at least seven miles. I was pretty tired by the end--the hills around here can be brutal. It seemed like it was way farther than I had ever run before. Like at least a fourth of a marathon...

Or not.

When I got home and mapped it out it was only 4.8 miles. Yes, I have a long, long road ahead of me. (But really, those hills are intense!) Becca and I plan to start running together more often--I am so excited to have a partner to train with!! And since we will be together, we can run in the evenings (when it's not too cold.)

Here we are in our running pose. Or our about to pick a fight pose? (Becca really looks like she is threatening someone...) You choose.
After our "long" run, I came home and had a big smoothie, even though I was cold. It was great. I felt great.
In the mix: banana, frozen fruit, spinach, chia seeds, almond milk, flaxseed oil and trail mix on top.

This afternoon we worked some in the backyard and then took the kids on another bike ride. We all rode this time and the girls did great! Unfortunately, it started cooling down quickly and none of us had gloves, so we didn't go for very long. But it was still fun.

Dinner was this Rotini with Zucchini dish--mediocre, so unless someone really wants the recipe I'm not going to post it.
After dinner I did a nice lower body workout and then had a yogurt bowl and some of my special hot chocolate and then did some Pilates.

Ah, it has been a great day!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I seriously want to lick the screen when I come to this site. Everything you make is AWESOME and I should have totally come in after the run. I am so pumped to have a running partner. It makes it so much more fun and meaningful. Thank you a million.