Thursday, December 9, 2010

Challah! and other random thoughts

When my sister was living in Chicago I went to visit her twice and she took me to this great little Jewish diner. Both times I got the Challah French toast and thought I had died and gone to heaven. So this morning I decided to recreate it with all this Challah I have sitting around my house. Yummy!

While it wasn't the healthiest thing I have ever eaten, it was very tasty. And I only had 2 pieces! (Add toasted coconut, sugar free syrup and sliced bananas. I'm telling you--it's to die for!!) Tomorrow I'm going to use the Challah for bread pudding. Challah--the bread that keeps on giving.

I don't know exactly what is going on--if it is my running pattern or the vegetarian thing or simply a shift in the alignment of the planets somewhere but I haven't had much of an appetite lately. Weird, huh? I wake up hungry, and then don't really get hungry the rest of the day. So today I ate that French toast at 7:30 and didn't eat anything else until I made myself eat lunch at 1:00!! I had an afternoon snack more out of habit than anything, and then I ate dinner even though I wasn't hungry for that either. I'm not complaining, just commenting.

Today the girls had a friend over and begged me to put on their "Animal Yoga for Kids" dvd. I usually have a very strict NO TV when friends are over policy, but I thought, they are asking me to exercise, so why not? It was pretty cute!
Dinner tonight was called "Ragout of Potatoes, Leeks, Asparagus and Mushrooms." Long name, tasty dish. My kids hated it. I'm starting to hate their attitude. I'm sure they are going to start hating going to bed hungry, too.

Becca and I did our 4.8 miles again tonight--only this time we did it in the opposite direction and I really thought I was going to vomit. Those hills are going to be the death of me!! But I love every minute of it!

I'm behind on posting recipes. Sorry, I will get to it--but I did warn you that my kids are all out of school, so the blog kind of takes a back seat to being a mom. :)

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Those yoga girls are very cute! I love that you tell your kids to eat it or beat it...I do that too. The attitude makes me crazy(not so much with Sam at the moment, but you know what I mean).

Where do you get your Challah? Did you make it?