Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Done

Today was a long day and I am glad it is winding down. Anyway...

I decided that since I ran last night and will be running again tomorrow night that I would take today off. I did do a lower body and ab strength training session. I don't know if that was the right decision--I like doing cardio every day, but I also know you are supposed to rest once in a while. Oh well!

For lunch I decided to try these:
They weren't all that bad. They even look like hamburgers. As soon as Isaac saw it on my plate he said, "I thought you gave up meat."
Tonight was so hectic I still feel like I'm recovering, but somehow in the midst of all of the craziness I managed to throw together what was supposed to be a vegetarian chili. It tasted great (at least I thought so, of course the kids turned their noses up at it) and I followed the recipe, but it really didn't look like chili at all. The cornbread that went with it was also really good--and I lightened up the recipe for that one quite a bit. Now, even though it is just 7:46 pm, I am really considering just going to bed. Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE.
(I'll get the recipes for the chili and cornbread up, just not tonight.)

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Are you following a training schedule yet? Just curious...

Sarah said...

Your post reminded me of some homemade bean burgers I made this summer. I subbed black beans for the pinto and used lowfat cheddar cheese because that's what I had. I stashed them in the freezer before cooking and they defrosted fine. Even Owen loved them!
Here's the recipe: http://weelicious.com/2010/06/29/veg-wee-burgers/