Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another recommendation and some dang good hummus

Mornings have been hard for me lately. I don't sleep well at night because of this respiratory infection, so it takes me a while to get going first thing. Which is annoying because I am usually a TOTAL morning person. Needless to say, I haven't been doing my 5:30 am work out as regularly as I would like. This morning I chilled out with the kids and finished the book I have been reading (and LOVING), Born to Run. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It was absolutely fascinating and I just might have to put it in my top five favorite books, EVER. Read it. Now.

I bought myself an exciting little present the other day. Ta-dah!
My very own pill organizer. Now as I eat my daily superfood breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries, I can fish one of the many vitamins I take out of it's own little slot and take it one at a time. By the time I have finished downing all those vitamins I have usually consumed my daily recommended amount of water as well! (And yet I still just keep getting sick...)

My kids requested corn dogs for lunch. You can see they are really embracing this whole vegetarian thing. My first thought: EW. I have never liked corn dogs. Ever. Ew. Anyway, I had some turkey dogs, so I whipped up some cornmeal biscuit dough, wrapped up the dogs and baked them. I added a popsicle stick to make it look authentic.
They didn't complain. While I made these I snacked on some crackers and artichoke hummus. SO GOOD! So good I had to hide the crackers from myself and start dipping baby carrots in the hummus. Wow.

For lunch I had leftover chowder. It kept me completely full. I did have a clementine around 4:00, but really only because it smelled so good. (This is not a good reason to eat, but at least oranges are a superfood.)

Dinner was "Farfalle with Many Mushrooms." I just really liked the name, so I had to try it. Well, I really like mushrooms, too. And this did have many mushrooms!

And it was good, but I did need to supplement this meal with an apple.
I just finished up a three mile barefoot run. Today was a rest day for strength, which is good, because once again, I am stiff and sore!

Now, go read that book!

No comments: