Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gutentag!




My kids love these German Pancakes--they get HUGE in the oven! I've also heard them referred to as "Hootenany". Another recipe that required a few tweaks, but it's a great (and fun) breakfast food. Within the next year I will probably have to start making two of them, though--one isn't quite enough to fill up the kids anymore!

German Pancakes

6 eggs
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white four
1/4 cup flaxseed
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is warming, melt 2 TBSP real butter in a 9x13" pan (in the oven.) Mix together ingredients and pour into pan. Bake for 20 minutes. (Make sure you have room in the oven for it to grow! And turn on your oven light for the kids to watch--I have seen these things get HUGE!!)

We like to serve it with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Katie Seamons said...

mmmm... mark likes these with yogurt on top. I tried serving them with the syrup and he looked at me like I was crazy! yogurt it is! Maybe we will have these for breakfast on friday!