Friday, June 11, 2010

Today's meals

So our basic eating philosophy is simple: eat six small meals a day--a portion of lean protein and a portion of carbs at every meal. I've tried other types of eating plans that work for other people, but this works the best for me. It is so easy and really keeps me (and Ryan) full. Here is what I had today:

Breakfast: Grape Nuts (1/2 cup) with one scoop vanilla protein powder, a dash of cinnamon and skim milk

Snack: 1 Fuji apple and 1 and 1/2 pieces of light string cheese (because Lincoln didn't want to finish his.)

Lunch/Snack: Raspberry protein shake (Light vanilla yogurt, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 3 ice cubes and 1/2 cup fresh raspberries mixed in blender.)

Dinner: Sloppy Joes--made with lean ground turkey, mixed in some pureed zucchini along with the tomato sauce and served on whole wheat buns

Snack: Get used to this, I have it every night--Chocolate peanut butter protein shake! Yummy! (1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 Tbsp, reduced fat peanut butter, 1/2 banana, 16 ice cubes and a dash of milk mixed in blender.)

And I'm still full 2 hours later!

For the kids I made Swedish pancakes for breakfast--one of their favorites. I will post the modified recipe next. They had a "snacky" lunch as we call it of crackers, cheeses and fruit. And then some of them ate the dinner I made. We all know how kids are.

No comments: