Monday, June 14, 2010

Lunch time

I'm health conscious, but I'm also a busy mother of 4 and I'm always struggling to find balance. Sometimes, especially during the summer when the kids are all at home, I rely on convenience foods for the simple fact that they are, um, convenient. So today the kids got fish sticks (yay for Omega-3's!), carrot sticks, grapes, go-gurts (hey, it's got calcium!) and light ranch to dip things in.


A few years ago I discovered a brand of fish sticks that I LOVED--they were actual cuts of fish with a light Panko crumb covering instead of these little minced and re-smashed together things I fed my kids today. I just haven't been able to find them in ages. I did a bit of research for this post and found out they are only sold at Costco, and we switched to Sam's 2 1/2 years ago. Anyway, if you have a Costco membership they are called "The Ultimate Fish Sticks" and they are SO YUMMY!! Buy me some.


My lunch consisted of a panini with reduced fat pepper jack cheese (protein), fat-free turkey slices (protein), honey mustard (yum), tomatoes and red onions (anti-oxidants) on sourdough bread (carbs) with purple grapes on the side (more anti-oxidants.)

2 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

I love this blog! Thanks for all the great ideas!

Unknown said...

Hey, if you need me to be your fish sticks dealer, I'll do it. I'll probably be making a Costco run sometime soon because we need more diapers, so let me know!