Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lunch Bunch

Only another week before my kids go back to school and my days of playing lunch lady are over (at least until September.) Here is what they had today:

"Pasta Pillows"--aka Ravioli without the sauce. They love these and they are a good source of calcium and protein.
Also apples, "banana crackers", blueberries and whole grain goldfish. A little heavy on the fruits and light on the veggies, but I had been working in the yard all morning and was tired. Besides, I add veggie purees to everything I make for a reason...

We had salads topped with grilled chicken. We mixed iceberg, romaine and baby spinach, then topped it with grilled chicken slices, salsa and fat free sour cream, with a few crushed tortilla chips and the best part--caramelized onions. Yummy!

p.s. Did you know that spicy foods (salsa) are a natural appetite suppressant? Bring it on!

No comments: