Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Qdoba Heaven




Last night I went out to eat at Qdoba with some friends for dinner. When I know ahead of time what restaurant I am going to, I like to go online and check out the menu to plan what I am going to have. It makes it a lot easier when I get there to just stick with my plan and not let the sights, sounds and smells tempt me to make a bad choice food-wise. Qdoba's website takes it a step further. They have a nutritional calculator that lets you type in exactly what you are planning to have and it gives you the calorie content! It made my decision to get the Naked Chicken Taco Salad (395 calories) instead of the Grilled Chicken Quesadilla (1110 calories) quite a no-brainer! What a great tool! I am happy to patronize restaurants that promote healthy and conscious eating habits!

Yesterday was a good day work-out wise. I did my normal 30 minutes of elliptical in the morning and a good upper body workout in the afternoon, and we did a nice family bike ride in the evening. It was a great work-out because we are attempting to teach the girls to ride without their training wheels, so we take turns riding one bike with Lincoln on the back while the other parent runs behind the girls and jogs along with them helping them balance on their bikes. They will get it soon and then we can all ride! I love it when I can get in a little more exercise in the evenings!

No comments: