Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baby Steps!

Last night I slept all the way through the night without waking up even once having a coughing fit!!! Yay for small victories!! It's been weeks since that has happened.

Breakfast was divine--made all the better by a functioning kitchen! I keep having these intentions to make an omelet--but somehow those things intimidate me, so I just scrambled up the egg instead. I had mushrooms and broccoli and tomatoes and onions with my eggs and egg whites. And I added the rest of the rotisserie chicken from the other night.
I had a protein bar during church and a protein shake when I got home. Dinner was a typical Sunday dinner for the rest of the family--chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and carrots. I am avoiding starches as well, so I had my chicken and gravy with sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, broccoli and peas--with a little added fresh parmesan. Yummy!!
The thing I have noticed about carbs is that they are so convenient. Pastas, breads, crackers, potatoes--they are so quick and easy. Chopping, preparing and cooking veggies takes a lot more planning ahead and work. But I tell you, I am loving it. All except the celery I ate for breakfast the other day, but that was admittedly a low point.

No comments: