Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


I try to avoid posting my last name on this blog for privacy reasons, but let's just say it's Irish. I married into it. And to celebrate my children's heritage, I go all out!

Cinnamon rolls with green frosting for breakfast:

For me--eggs with lots of green veggies, tomatoes and Feta.

We were hiking all day, so this was my lunch:

The kids loved the hard boiled eggs, too.

And then corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes, rolls, and green jello salad for dinner:

I had corned beef, cabbage and broccoli:

(I know corned beef could hardly be considered a "lean meat", but my plans to make myself a different meat were foiled. In my defense, I didn't eat a lot of it and I trimmed off all the visible fat.)

Oh, and what would St. Patrick's Day be without a cute green dessert?
(I didn't eat any, but the kids loved them! Check out my other blog for instructions, if you are interested.)
In terms of working out--I got in 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning, then hiked all day. Not too shabby.

No comments: