Monday, March 21, 2011

Cereal and Nasty meatloaf

Sundays are "Cereal Sundays" for the kids at our house. It is the one day of the week we let them have cold cereal. This is for a multitude of reasons. Mainly, feeding a family of six cereal every morning would be like feeding them bowls of dollar bills in milk. TOO EXPENSIVE!! Besides the fact that it doesn't fill them up and I like having more control over what they put in their mouths. When I make breakfast I can add flaxseed and vegetable purees and whole wheat flour and substitute applesauce for fat etc., etc.

We've taken Cereal Sunday up a notch, though. Now before they get their cold cereal, they have to eat a bowl of hot cracked wheat cereal. Now they never ask for food twenty minutes after breakfast is over!
Here is my breakfast--I could hardly taste the eggs through all those vegetables.
Mid-day meals were a protein shake and some leftover Tilapia. Dinner was meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes for the rest of the fam. I had my meatloaf with salad and green beans. I hated the meatloaf, though. The ground turkey I used had Italian seasoning mixed in. It tasted like Italian sausage. Ryan liked it. That's good. He will be having it all week.




No comments: