Monday, September 27, 2010

Disturbing??

I came across this article that I just had to share. Apparently the new trend in yoga studios around the nation (or at least in the more liberal parts): NAKED YOGA. Um, ew.

The founder of Naked Yoga NYC (whose name is Isis Phoenix--real name? Somehow I don't think so) claims that when you are posing in the nude there are fewer distractions. "You're more mindful of your form when there aren't baggy pants or a tee obscuring your asanas." I'm sorry, but what about the naked asana of the person in front of you all up in your face?! Ew, ew, ew.

Any of my loyal readers want to try it out and report on the experience for us? Personally, I try to avoid being naked as much as possible, especially in public. But I'd love to hear how it goes for any of you! :)

I found this fascinating tidbit in the September 2010 issue of Fitness Magazine, page 24.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The only thing I can think of worse than Naked Yoga would be Bikram Naked Yoga. BLECH.

Actually, Bikram Naked Yoga sounds dangerous. Serious slipping hazards.

Amy said...

All I can think of is "Bad Naked" all thanks to Jerry Seinfeld. Naked yoga would certainly fall under the catagory of bad naked.

Planty Mama said...

Yeah. I DEFINITELY do NOT want to see the naked downward dog of the person in front of me. Ugh. I don't even want to know what MY naked downward dog looks like! I agree: definitely BAD naked.