Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm outta here!

Just a quick note to all my loyal readers (all three of you)-- we are leaving on vacation first thing tomorrow morning (woo hoo!!!) I won't be blogging because we aren't bringing the laptop, but I will try to do a recap when we get back next weekend. We are bringing a lot of our own food to not only save money, but to save our waistlines and life expectancies as well, so I will have to let you know how it goes.

Sorry I have been a major slacker the past few days, we have just been busy getting ready to go to the happiest place on earth as well as doing a few other things.

So, I've been eating a lot of these:
How do I love thee, yogurt bowl, let me count the ways.

And just trying to make do with what we have. I made whole wheat pasta the other day and added chopped turkey bacon, fresh basil and tomatoes from my friend's garden (ours is pathetic.) It was a great, easy summer meal.
On Saturday we went to the BYU football game in Colorado Springs. We started off the day with blueberry oatmeal to show our school spirit.
And then I made BYU mint brownies to take along with us.
There is nothing remotely healthy about these brownies, but I did eat more than my fair share. All to show my school spirit, of course. It didn't matter in the end because we lost the game. Oh well.

Well, I'm off!! A week of walking, sunshine and excitement awaits me!! We won't mention the stress of flying with four children, meltdowns when said children don't sleep enough and the overpriced, uh, everything. See you on the other side!

No comments: