Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just Peachy!

Ryan's co-worker delivered another box of delicious peaches. We are in heaven!! Some people can them. Some dry them. Some bake with them. We just eat them. They will probably be gone by tomorrow.
Yesterday I did the elliptical for at least 30 minutes. I got very caught up in the show I was watching and didn't want to stop until it was over. I rarely watch t.v. unless I am working out. I have been catching up on all the episodes of "Bones." Good show.

I made the kids muesli and I had my usual, with...peaches. Yum. Yes, there is oatmeal under there, somewhere.

For lunch I grilled a chicken breast and had it on a sandwich thin with some light Laughing Cow cheese, avocado, tomato and spinach. Oh, and I had a peach on the side.


This is the aftermath of the after-school snack...


Dinner was simple--our weeknights are so busy dinner has to be quick and easy. The girls snarfed down their Tuna Melts on our way out the door to gymnastics. I used these whole grain English muffins--you could see the seeds and stuff in them. Yum!

For Ryan and I, I use reduced fat pepper jack cheese and add a tomato slice as well.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

okay, so here's our family version of the tuna melt.

leftover hamburger bun, or bagel, or whatnot. A sice of ham, a circle slice of apple, a slice of cheese on top, and toasted in the oven. yum. try it sometime and tell me what you think!