Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I have no title for this.

I had great intentions of getting back into the swing of things today--after all, the kids were back to school (HOORAY!) Unfortunately Lincoln, my youngest, is really sick and that sort of put a kink in my plans.

I made the kids their traditional back-to-school breakfast of Swedish pancakes (with sweet potato puree). By 9:30 I had to call the doctor because Lincoln was struggling to breathe (he has asthma) and we spent all morning in the doctor's office doing breathing treatments and pulse-ox tests. So, my morning work out didn't happen. I had a yogurt bowl when we got home and then did the elliptical while poor Lincoln slept fitfully on the couch and moaned.

All I wanted for lunch was an apple and cheese, so that is what I had. That was a dang good apple, too. And I know you are jealous that I have i-Carly cheese.
My afternoon snack was just finishing one of the kid's bag of Sun Chips. I think I had another cheese, too. I know I intended on doing so, but I honestly don't remember if I actually did. Huh.
Dinner was Rotisserie grilled chicken and baked potatoes. The chicken was a bit overcooked, but school has started again, so I was grilling chicken while simultaneously helping two girls with homework, reminding one boy repeatedly to get ready for soccer practice and taking care of a sick toddler. So the chicken got overdone. It was still yummy.

And then I had a small serving of ice cream and hot fudge. Not because I was particularly stressed or anything. Mainly just because I wanted it. I figure it's not too bad because I really didn't eat all that much today. I do need to get it out of the house, though. Out of sight, out of mind. Now I really should go do some strength training. Why am I always soooo exhausted by this time of the day?! It really doesn't help all my big plans.

1 comment:

Becky R. said...

I'm sorry that Lincoln is sick--do you need anything? You did a great job today even with a sick toddler!