Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ready for the Fall

Even if the weather hasn't cooled off the much, I'm just going to start eating like it has. I'm ready!

I made the kids Baked Apples and Granola with vanilla yogurt for breakfast. The smell of our house alone made me want to run out and rake leaves to jump in. I love the fall!! I ended up stealing some of Lincoln's baked apple to add to my oatmeal. Yummy!

To make these, I just cored the apples and put them in a microwave-safe dish. I mixed together a little brown sugar, granola, raisins, craisins and almonds and stuffed the mixture inside and around the apples. I poured about 1/2 cup apple juice in the bottom of the dish, then covered it and microwaved it for about 10 minutes. I guess you can bake them in the oven, but that takes more like 45 minutes and the kids had to get to school.

For lunch I had some soup (still going with the Autumn theme here.) I LOVE this soup and it has only 50 calories per serving. I topped it with some Sunflower Basil crackers and had a string cheese on the side for protein.
My afternoon snack was a Kashi granola bar. These aren't protein bars, but it was just what I needed to get by until dinner. I have to say, it was pretty small, though. Oh well. I also had more sugar-free cider because I am still nursing a sore throat.

Dinner was Big Beef Subs on whole wheat buns. Wednesdays evenings are insanely busy at our house, so I have to do something easy and portable. These were perfect.
Well last night I overcame my desire to sleep and went down and did a lower body workout. This afternoon, when I normally would have been working out, I succumbed to my desire to sleep and took a nap. I am trying hard to listen to what my body needs and go with it--not only in terms of eating but in other aspects. I think I really needed to sleep today because I am still fighting this cold. I think it might not be a bad thing to take a little siesta every afternoon--I just usually have way too much to do.

I'm feeling good now, though--not too exhausted. I did an upper body workout this evening and now I need to go get ready to start another day tomorrow.

No comments: