Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

The kids let us sleep in until 7:30 again this morning! It was nice. Ryan had the day off, so he got the kids brown rice pudding for breakfast while I ran on the treadmill for a little over 30 minutes. I had my normal breakfast, but a little late (around 9 am) because of my work schedule.

It ended up being a moot point because I came home from work early and got to have lunch with the family! The kids had ravioli, cantaloupe and whole grain crackers. I made myself a fish soft taco and also had some cantaloupe. I then did a nice long strength training session.

Today was the first day of "Lindsay not going grocery shopping for the week" and I was happy to find turkey burgers, turkey dogs and whole wheat buns in the freezer. A perfect Labor Day meal--I doubt we will be quite as lucky for the rest of the week...but I do seem to have a lot of stuff stocked up in the freezer, so who knows?!

Now we are on our way to a dessert party with some great friends. This is what we are bringing...
Two Lemon Meringue Pies. At least they aren't chocolate. I don't know for sure what else will be there, though...


I plan on having great will power. That is my plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I will not fail. That is my plan. I will just keep saying this over and over and see if it sticks! I love food. I love dessert. But I hate being fat, so I will just stick to my plan.

1 comment: