Sunday, September 26, 2010

If I don't say it out loud...

maybe it won't be true.

This is what I've been trying to tell myself for the last few days as I have felt the symptoms of some sort of sickness coming on. I tried not to jinx myself, but I don't think I succeeded. I tried to ignore the signs all yesterday morning as we ran to and from the different events we had going on. By the afternoon I gave in and went to bed. I slept all afternoon and woke up in time to have a healthy smoothie and go out to dinner. I put so much fruit and antioxidants into that blender--I can't believe I don't have superpowers today. I also had a Vitatop, because I figured I could use as many vitamins as I could get.

We went to Cafe Rio, which is a hugely popular restaurant in Utah and has recently debuted here in Denver. I ordered a Fire Grilled Chicken Salad. I love that they offer a whole wheat tortilla option! The creamy tomatillo dressing is served on the side and it is very yummy!

They make the salad right in front of you so you can get what you want(guac, cilantro) and leave out the stuff you don't (cheese, full-fat sour cream).
I really enjoyed myself and the salad. That is, until today. My stomach has been revolting all day. I feel awful. I'm not sure it was the salad, but either way, this may have ruined Cafe Rio for me forever.

So, between my flu-like or allergy symptoms and now major stomach distress I have done no exercising and lots of sleeping the last two days. Hopefully all will be better tomorrow and I can start the week off right.

No comments: