Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recovering

I was still dragging yesterday--I ended up spending most of the day on the couch or on the floor. I am starting to feel better today, though, so hopefully the end is in sight. I discovered this drink last winter and it is perfect when you have a sore throat!
Only 10 calories!! I will probably be drinking it a lot in the coming months. For breakfast I made the kids bread pudding with added sweet potato, egg whites, almond milk, Truvia and Agave Nectar. They loved it! I did taste a little--I was afraid it wouldn't be sweet enough, but it was fine.
For lunch I still had no energy, so I just made myself a PB&J sandwich and some cottage cheese.

Ever since I read the book "This is Why You're Fat" by Jackie Warner, I have been trying to drastically reduce the amount of sugar in our diet. It is by no means an easy thing to do--sugar is in everything! Including copious amounts in many of our favorite protein bars. So imagine my delight when I came across these the other day! I bought a variety of flavors. Yesterday I decided to try Chocolate covered Strawberry (15 grams of protein!!)

Ryan took Creamy Peanut Butter to work ( a whopping 20 grams of protein!!)Well, I took one bite...
and threw the rest in the trash. NASTY. They were so gross. Ryan actually ate his at work, but said it tasted like sawdust. So the hunt for a decent, low-sugar protein bar is still on!!

Because I threw my entire afternoon snack in the trash, I was famished when dinner time rolled around. So I'm sure I ate way too much spaghetti and meatballs, but at least it was a very healthy version!!









No comments: