Friday, September 24, 2010

LONG day.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I decided to mix things up a bit today and I did Pilates first thing in the morning, followed by an upper body work out. I'm glad I got the upper body in when I did--I got a flu shot today and my arm is killing me. There is no way I could have worked out after that! Speaking of getting a flu shot--I just might count that experience as cardio for today. It certainly was a work out. Three of my kids did fine. Audrey--not so much. I don't even think I can count how many times she has kicked nurses and doctors as they are coming at her with pointy objects. Today was no exception. So I got to be the one to use all my strength to hold her still while they gave her the shot. It took us about 10 minutes of struggling. We all ended up drenched in sweat. Fun times.

Breakfast for the kids was Cream of Wheat with added Sweet Potato. Except I didn't actually puree it so the kids caught on quickly and were wondering about the orange bumps. Next time I need to take the time to do it right.

I didn't eat again until lunch, when I made myself fish tacos with the leftover salmon from last night. Tasty!! I added baby spinach, tomatoes and salsa.

I had a yogurt bowl as a snack after the infamous flu shot incident. Then dinner was one of my all time favorites--Italian turkey burgers!!

Now, I will tell you what I am planning to do. Ryan has been at work since 3:30 this morning. He is still not home. As I am typing it is 7:07 pm. It has been a long day for him. It has been a long day for me. I don't do "single mother" well. I am making a conscious decision to eat chocolate tonight. I told Ryan to stop on the way home and pick up some chocolate ice cream and hot fudge. Because I need it. So there you have it. Let's just hope he comes home soon!

No comments: