Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Busy day, four work outs


Today took some definite planning and scheduling on my part, but I made it work! I took Kirby on a walk first thing and was able to get in 20 minutes on the elliptical and Pilates this morning in between making the kids breakfast, getting them ready and taking them to school. Then I was off to the school to volunteer.

But first, let's get back to breakfast...it was gooood!
I dumped a can of sliced peaches (packed in JUICE, not syrup) in an 8x8 dish. I mixed some low-sugar granola, oatmeal, quinoa and chia seeds together, then cut in a little butter. I mixed that into the peaches and baked it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with vanilla yogurt and voila! It's like uber-healthy peach cobbler.

My afternoon was busy as well, then I got to talk to my sister on the phone for quite a while, but that meant I pushed back the rest of my working out until later, which is not my favorite, but I did it.

Dinner was a tortellini salad with garbanzo and kidney beans. It wasn't a huge hit with the kids...
Tonight I ran just a mile and a half (per my schedule, mind you) and did upper body and ab strength while I watched trashy t.v. Hey, I do whatever I have to to motivate myself to go down to that cold basement work out room when I am exhausted. Bring on The Bachelor, I say.

No comments: