Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4

Becca came up with a brilliant plan today that we implemented for the first time. After months of clear skies and mild weather, it decided to snow and be cold right when I officially started my marathon training. Becca and I have typically been running at night, but with this change in the weather, our route has become somewhat treacherous in the dark. So we have decided to switch kids and run alone twice a week. All of our older kids are back in school, so we each just have a three year old boy at home--it's perfect! She dropped off Jackson at my house and ran while the boys played and I cleaned. Then a while later I took Lincoln to her house while I ran. Yes, I miss having her wit and wisdom with me while I run, but we are still going to go together on Saturdays. And I have to say I much prefer running in the daytime!

So, although I was scheduled for a rest day today, I ended up doing 3.46 miles--because I would be crazy to pass up a chance to run by myself in the daytime! After I got home I did a lower body strength workout. I plan on doing Pilates tonight as well--if Kirby will let me!

For breakfast we had some Oatmeal Raisin Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese. That sounds a lot fancier than it was--I just added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to fat free cream cheese.

Lunch was just a nice refreshing smoothie in a bowl topped with Kashi Go Lean Crunch--perfect after running!

I made breadsticks for the kids' afterschool snack--and I had a few of those as well. Sorry, no pictures!

Dinner was Corn and Bean Tostadas with a strange secret ingredient--chopped walnuts! I was just following the recipe--but it tasted good!
Now I will have my first real rest day tomorrow. I don't know what to think about that. I will rest from running, but I will still do an upper body workout and maybe the elliptical or some P90x as well. And more Pilates? We shall see.

No comments: