Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hazards of winter running

Well today I did 3.35 miles outside. It was interesting. Especially the part when a large SUV went flying by and sprayed me with a shower of icy, muddy slush. I kept on going. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor hail, nor snow, nor icy, muddy slush dripping down the side of my face in twenty degree weather will stop me from getting in my mileage!!

Running in the snow is interesting. I prefer dry ground. But you do what you have to do. Here is my thought, however. Be kind to your neighborhood runners. Shovel your sidewalk!!

I also did an upper body strength workout before my cold, wet run. Tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I decided Tuesdays will be meat days. I just didn't eat any of the meatballs. The spaghetti noodles were whole wheat, the meatballs were ground turkey and I added pumpkin puree to the sauce. Yum!

I have been eating potato and vegetable curry every day for lunch, since none of my kids will eat it. It is really good, especially with a generous helping of Stacy's Pita Chips on the side!

No comments: