Monday, January 3, 2011

Day One

While it is not technically the first day of the New Year, it might as well be in my mind. I am finally home and settled in and ready to start things off! So today was also my first official day of marathon training. I am using a modified version of Hal Higdon's Novice Supreme Marathon training schedule. Today was easy--just 1.5 miles which I ran barefoot on the treadmill. I also did a lower body strength training work out. And I took Kirby out for an early morning walk/jog. That dog has major energy in the morning so I plan to start taking him out for some sort of exercise every morning before Ryan has to go to work.

I have a lot of goals this year. I have decided to spend the month of January really focusing on weight loss. I am going to be writing down every thing I eat (not on here--I think it just gets too boring for you.) I am also going to weigh myself weekly and try to really ramp up my exercise. If I don't see some sort of definite improvement this month I am going to find a new doctor that will actually listen to me and figure out what is going on. I have tried to come to terms with where I am at and I just don't feel happy with it. I don't even want to see anyone because I am so frustrated with the way I look. So I weighed myself tonight and I am ready to do this.

No comments: