Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy MLK day!

Today we started off celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. day with French Toast. Okay, really the two are completely unrelated, but French Toast should always be eaten in celebration of something. Here is mine, made on homemade whole wheat bread, topped with all natural peanut butter, chia seeds and sugar free syrup. Yum.
(In case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of over the oatmeal every single day phase. I don't know how that lady that wrote "This is why you're fat" does it--but I can't take any more oatmeal! It makes me kind of nauseous, to be honest. There is too much of a good thing, I guess.)

Today I went to Sam's to stock up on more Pita chips and look what I found!!!
This ginormous thing of Greek yogurt for the same price as the small ones at Wal-mart!! Oh, happy day!!

I should have taken a picture of my lunch, but I was in a hurry. I had leftover cilantro lime rice mixed with leftover BBQ chop salad. Then I crushed a few pita chips on top. I think I'll be having that all week.

Dinner was stuffed shells--another four star as in four kids ate it without complaining meal!!
Think low-fat Ricotta cheese, low-fat Parmesan cheese, spinach, marinara and giant shell noodles and there you have it!

I did have some Greek yogurt and Kashi cereal for an after-dinner and pre-work-out snack. Then I went downstairs and busted my booty. I ran (barefoot) a mile and a half. Then I did an upper body and ab strength work out. Then I did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Then I did about 30 minutes of Pilates. Not too shabby. We will see what the scale has to say about that. Except I'm not supposed to be worrying about the scale this week...

No comments: