Saturday, January 15, 2011

Free day Woes

One of the principles of Body for Life is that each week you get a free day. On this day you can eat whatever you want. And when I say whatever, I really mean whatever. The reasons for this are partly psychological (knowing that you can eat something "forbidden" at some point helps you resist for the rest of the week) and partly physiological (your body doesn't start to go into starvation mode.) I like the free day principle for the fact that when I occasionally decide to "splurge" I don't have to feel guilty about it. And yet I never feel good on free days.

Last night we went to a party for a family friend. My kids were in heaven--the party was at a place I would never voluntarily take them...

They were like, "What? Someone just keeps giving me golden coins to feed into unlimited video games and cheesy rides? What? Unlimited pizza and soda? What? These machines spit out tickets that I get to redeem for incredibly cheap prizes? What? I get to eat all this cake and candy?"

As I said, they were in heaven.


I, on the other hand...Ugh. Cheese pizza--mostly crust, Diet Pepsi (not my favorite) and cake. Yes, I tried it. I don't know why because I don't even like cake. I felt so sick by the end of it. I really didn't eat that much, it's just that I don't usually eat that kind of crap. Ugh. Nauseous. Yuck. Free day is just not all it's cracked up to be.

No comments: