Saturday, January 29, 2011

I don't know what to do.

I attempted to run with Becca today. It would have been my first run since Tuesday. I couldn't even get down the street. My knees are in agony. I should have known it wouldn't work. Yesterday they were killing me when I was sitting, or standing, or laying down, or walking. Maybe I should try floating in water...

So here is the question...what do I do??? I can't run. I am supposed to be training for a marathon and I literally can barely move. I have NO idea why they hurt so badly. Maybe I am not "Born to Run" after all. Any advice would be welcomed!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you read Run Like A Mother? I know one of the authors got injured while training and ended up riding a bike instead, and then ran the marathon in the end. But I think she was further along in her training, so maybe it wasn't as drastic. Do your knees hurt when you ride a bike too?

I remember you had patello-femoral syndrome before--is this the same hurt, or is it a different one? Can you get your dr. to give you a referral to a PT or an orthopedist or a sports medicine-type doc? Maybe swimming isn't a bad idea while you get it sorted out! How frustrating to have all the motivation and not have your body cooperate!

Priscilla said...

I agree with Heidi, you should probably check with your doctor. If you get a Rx for physical therapy, they usually have one of those hydro-treadmills, so you're running, but the water takes the weight off your legs. I would also continue with ice and ibuprofen, if I were you. It won't hurt your training if you need to take time off at this point. You have lots of time, and if you push it, it will only get worse. Rest! (I know, easier said than done...)

kim said...

Stop running. Those knees have to last a long time.