Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Not enough fish in the sea for me.

I feel like everything I ate today was consumed on the go--all quick and easy until this evening. I shared breakfast with the kids (i.e. ate their leftovers--that is why I have to make them healthy food, too!) My morning snack consisted of a weight loss drink in the car and I had a leftover pig-in-a-blanket (made with turkey dogs!) for lunch. My afternoon snack was a slice of whole wheat bread with reduced fat peanut butter.

Then came dinner. Grilled. Fish. Soft. Tacos. Ay carramba! My mouth is still watering.

Here you have it...

1 TBSP olive oil
4 limes, halved, divided
5 cloves garlic, minced, divided
2 tsp. ground cumin
6 tilapia filets (or another fish of your choice)
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1/4 red onion
2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced (I don't add these)
whole wheat tortillas
lettuce leaves

Put fish filets on squares of foil. Combine olive oil, juice of three limes, 4 garlic cloves and 1 tsp. cumin in a bowl. Brush mixture over fish and make foil into "envelopes" sealed around the fish. Let marinate in refrigerator at least 15 minutes. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together remaining lime juice, garlic and cumin with diced avocado, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, tomatoes and pepper.

Put fish packets on hot grill and cook about 10-15 minutes, until done. Let cool slightly, then slice into thin strips. Serve with tortillas, salsa mixture, lettuce and fat free sour cream.

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I added chia seeds to the salsa, too.

No comments: