Saturday, July 31, 2010

Onward and Upward

Well, not much I can do about the weight I've gained, except lose it. I'm still highly disturbed (and depressed), but determined. Here is my current game plan:
-Use this blog to hold myself accountable for every morsel of food I put into my mouth. Maybe I've been eating more than I realize. Even healthy foods have calories, after all.
-No more nightly snack. I'm cutting down to five meals a day. NO FOOD AFTER DINNER.
-A lot of teeth brushing. Not only to help my dental hygiene--I'm a lot less likely to do mindless eating when I have clean teeth.
-Come up with a more elaborate work out plan that includes more variety--especially in terms of cardio. I really need to mix it up a bit. I plan on working on that in the next few days and I will post it.
-Try to quit getting sick...wish me luck.
-Stop getting older. :)

In the spirit of my new found determination, here is my menu for today:

Breakfast: one blueberry pancake with a tiny drizzle of syrup and some scrambled eggs (we were at a camp-out where breakfast was provided. In retrospect, I probably should have just brought my own food. That is definitely a topic I want to come back to!)

Snack: Yogurt bowl. I have been obsessed with these things lately! It's blueberry Greek yogurt mixed with about 10 chopped almonds and a handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal. YUMMY!!

Lunch: Berry protein shake. I used only a half scoop of protein powder to reduce the calories.

Snack: Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake. Same about the protein powder.

Dinner: Grilled Chicken Pizza. My friend told me how to grill my pizza, so I decided to try a grilled chicken one. I'll post the "how to" next.

Today's workout was not quite as intense as I would have liked. We got home this morning exhausted from camping (which, when done with our kids, means very little sleeping.) I spent the whole day cleaning and getting the house ready for all the guests I will be having this week. Then tonight I helped Ryan lay sod in the back yard. So that is going to have to count for my cardio. I also went down to our gym and got a good lower body workout from 9 pm to 10pm. You do what you have to do.

No comments: