Saturday, July 31, 2010

Grilled Chicken Pizza

Grill the chicken. I sprinkled it with Mrs. Dash's Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.

Make the dough. Use any recipe--I used this one.

I then divided it into six equal balls so that we could each have our own pie. (For future reference--I wasn't thinking about just how big that would be. That is like 1/6th of a loaf of bread. Probably too big of a serving size, but yummy all the same!)

Make the sauce. My sauce is simple and healthy--mix tomato sauce, green puree, garlic (fresh! If you don't already have one, go buy yourself a garlic press and start using the real stuff, people! The health benefits greatly increase when the garlic is freshly pressed.), oregano flakes and basil fresh from my garden.

Gather your toppings.

Flatten dough and brush with olive oil (I mixed this with the Mrs. Dash seasoning as well.)

Grill on both sides.

Prepare to top.

Cover with toppings and finish cooking (until cheese melts.)

Topped mine with a bit of fresh chopped baby spinach.

Enjoy! I know we did! Thanks, Kayla!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm not even kidding when i tell you we had this last night! I used avocado and zuccini on mine, it was wonderful.