Monday, July 19, 2010

Run, Forrest, Run!


I don't really like running that much. I like the idea of it. I would love to be able to say I've run a marathon. I just don't like running. My sister wants me to run this race with her and my friend and I are planning on doing this one next year with our husbands (wild, huh?)

Can you imagine us doing this...
or this?!

Normally I only really get the urge to run when I am angry or I feel fat. But not when it is too hot, or too cold or too sunny or too dark. You get the picture. I'm just not a runner.

But listen to these stats I just came across! "A recent study has found that running...promotes a long, independent life. Researchers at Stanford University School of Medicine followed a group of runners for 21 years and found that elderly runners put off age-related disabilities for 16 years beyond their non-running counterparts." ("The Anti-Aging Diet", Good Housekeeping, 125-131,March 2009)

So even though I'm not fond of running, I think I need to add it into my routine. Because I'd much rather run now than be falling apart before I have to!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I can sum up my feelings about running in two words: HATE. IT. No, really, I'd rather do just about anything than run. I live in a family of runners, too. My sister and dad are runners, all of my sisters-in-law, my husband, even. I just can't stand it. Solidarity, sister!

Spec said...

I love to run! It works out all the stress in my body! I especially love to run to some super loud music on my Ipod Shuffle--Boston, Led Zeppelin, Collective Soul, Nickleback, Moody Blues...

Endorphin high, baby!

Enjoy! YEAHHHHHHHHH!

We are Ben and Rebecca said...

LOL, did you see my title yesterday? That's funny. Run, Lindsay, RUN!

Heidi said...

I hate to run. I only want to run if there is a crazy guy after me with a chainsaw, or a hungry lion or something. But--I have been reading this awesome book called Run Like A Mother and I think that maybe, just maybe I might be getting up my courage to give it a try. Maybe.

The Linthorsts said...

So are you going to commit to run the Wasatch Back 2011 with me? You seemed a little unsure... I think it will be so fun!