Friday, August 13, 2010

Clarification for Rochelle and any other curious readers

Sorry--you cut out refined sugars, added sugars etc. So yes, you still eat fruit, although she does recommend cutting out milk. (I don't drink a lot of milk anyway, but I'm not going to cut it out of the kids' diet. The pediatrician would have a hernia if I did that.) She says no juice either, which isn't a problem for me, but Lincoln is really going to have a hard time with that one. We will see how it goes.

It will be hard, but I want to try. I'm telling you her arguments are very compelling.

And Rochelle, I'm sure you would be interested in it only because you have witnessed firsthand the effects of diet on health. It really is fascinating!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The thing about sugars in fruits is that you are getting the fiber and other nutrients that balance out the fruit sugars, so they're okay. If you drink 100% juice, you are getting those sugars in a more concentrated form, without all the benefits of the fiber so that's why she says to stay away from them.

I agree with you Lindsay--her arguments were very compelling. I think I need to buy a copy as well so that I have it to refer to.